Saturday, August 23, 2014

Inlay Technique For Cards

Hello everyone! The month of August is almost over...can you believe it? Kids are headed back to school as I am sure a lot of moms are happy about. Both my kids are grown adults now but I was one of those moms that enjoyed having her kids around. So I wasn't always happy to have school start backup again after the summer break. My youngest is an artist. He participated in a fine art show this weekend, which would explain why I haven't posted in the past week. He only had two months to prepare for the show so things have been quite hectic, especially this past week. Tomorrow I will share some of my favorite pieces from his show.

Today though I would like to share with you a couple of cards that I made using the inlay technique. Super simple technique of using dies or punches to create the same effect you see in inlay wood. For mine I used circle dies by Spellbinders. I finished the technique with running the design through an embossing folder by Stampin Up. The cardstock is by Bazzill. My color choice was inspired by a design from a tube of face wash.
Jennifer McGuire has a video tutorial that is perfect for learning how to do this technique if you would like to try it. Here is a link to her video: Inlay Technique by Jennifer McGuire
 It is a fun technique that allows you to mail your card without extra postage due to "lumpiness" caused by blinging up your card. All you card makers out there know what I am talking about! However, you can bling it up too.


Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Becky said...

Well I see you have not lost your touch :). These two are fabulous, great design.