Sunday, August 31, 2014

CMYK and Favorite Quotes

 I recently have been enjoying exploring and working with CMYK. What is CMYK, you ask?

"Short for Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black, and pronounced as separate letters. CMYK is a color model in which all colors are described as a mixture of these four process colors. CMYK is the standard color model used in offset printing. for full-color documents. Because such printing uses inks of these four basic colors, it is often called four color printing."

I have had so much fun creating with these four colors with white as the background, that  I chose to use this color combo for my new adventure of opening an etsy store.  I'm using it for my packaging as well as my business card. Here is the front of my business card:


Look familiar? I used it as well for my blog header. I need to figure out something other than what I am currently using,  to go on my sidebars to work with my header.

CMYK was also the inspiration for the cards I made featured in today's post. Both cards were made for a challenge that required using a favorite quote. I love quotes so I actually have several favorites.

This first card features a quote by Walt Disney.
"If you can dream it, you can do it."

 The next card has one of my all time favorite quotes but unfortunately the author is unknown.
"Attitude is the world's paintbrush. It can color any situation."

Would you like to see some more CMYK? Check out my CMYK pinterest board. There are some fun pins on there! Hopefully I have inspired you to try creating with CMYK too.

Do you have a favorite quote?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a fabulous looking card Susan. Love the splashes of colors.

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Love these 2 creations Susan ;)
The splash technique is brilliant together with a few well chosen words!