Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vase With Flowers Card / Embossing Resist Technique

What started out to be one thing...ended up another and that is what happened when I made this card for the "Neutral Colors" challenge over at ScrapZee.com. I had something totally else in mind which wasn't working out and this card ended up being plan B...and something I really liked after I finished it!

I used the Hero Arts and Sizzix Floral Stamps and Framelits to make my flowwers. I stamped them with Versamark ink on cream color cardstock then embossed them with clear embossing powder. I then inked them  with Walnut Distress ink by Ranger. This is called the  embossing resist technique. After inking them I then cut them out with the coordinating Sizzix framelits. The vase was made using a Spellbinders classic oval die and the background was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. My son calls this "the seventies meets Japanese"! It was a fun card to make and I hope to make more in other colors.

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Jeanette R. Graves said...

I said it before, I'll say it again. I love this card. It came out great.

GeminiJen said...

Thats awesome. :)

Janice W. said...

This is so elegant! Love the color choices!