Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Black and White With a Splash of Color!


Over at the Scrap and Paper / Paper Crafts Message Board Forum, where I like to hang out and chat with my crafting friends, we hold weekly challenges to help keep our mojo going. This week it is Tasia's turn to host the challenge. Her challenge is:
To make a card, scrapbook LO, ATC, etc. with the following:
#1 Black and White and one color of your choosing
#2 Sentiment
#3 At least one non-patterned paper

I thought I would challenge myself a bit more and make the sentiment requirement the main focus of my card. Usually I'm picking out an image and grabbing my Prismacolor color pencils to color the image but not this time. As easy as this card was to make, it was that hard for me not to color an image! I love to color. For the exception of the card base, all paper and cardstock is from my scrap drawer. That was an added extra bonus for me. I have tons of scraps and I should be trying to use them more often. Tools I used were the Nestabilities, Cuttlebug flower die and Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I added just a tad of pink with the plaid ribbon, the butterfly and flower centers for my splash of color. Fast, simple and easy but I sure had fun making this card. In fact it has inspired me to pull out some more of my quotes rubber stamps and make some more cards. Wouldn't a set of quote note cards make a nice gift?

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Yea! You used some scraps! Very pretty card. I've been seeing a lot of cards lately where the sentiment is the focus and I really like that. I almost used that as my challenge way back the last time I did the traditional one, but I didn't. Maybe next time. :)

Janice W. said...

This is so pretty and I love the sentiment! Choosing a sentiment as the focal point would be a challenge for me too. I will have to try that someday.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Yes they would make a nice gift. Love this card! The black and white is just stunning.

Tasia D said...

Such a gorgeous card, Susan - I love the soft pink you used with the black and white - and making the sentiment the focus - excellent idea! I'm going to have to try that sometime! Again - beautiful job - and HOORAY for using scraps, too!

Jessie said...

Wow Susan this is just so pretty!

GLOANN said...

susan, you're card is so beautiful. Enjoyed seeing it.

Rosette said...

This is sooo pretty Susan!! My dear, it is simply gorgeous!! I love the elegant touch you gave her.. it's a masterpiece!!