Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not A Challenge, Fairys, Mushrooms and Ladybugs


I love to participate in the many different challenge blogs as much as I can but every once in awhile I just like to sit down and make a card. Such was the case with this one. This image is a recent purchase I made from Simon Says Stamp......which I highly recommend this company. Excellent service and reasonable to free shipping depending on the size of your order. I have listed my favorite shopping places to the right in my sidebar and there you can find a link to Simon Says Stamp.

This image is from Stampavie and is from the Rachelle Anne Miller line called "Lily Magic Fairy Ladybug Mushroom. I colored the image with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and blended with Gamsol. Cardstock is by Wausau and printed paper is a scrap from my paper stash. I used Spellbinder's Nestabilities to cut my shapes. Sizzix die was used for the curly Q vine and a Martha Stewart heart border punch. Prima flowers were added with a Glitterati rhinestone center to finish off the card. Completed card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked my card!

8 comments:

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Susan, this is so cute! I'm like you - sometimes I just want to do a card with no perameters. The challenges are great for launching the creativity, but if we do too many that leaves no time for non-challenge cards, at least for me. This one is adorable and beautifully colored.

Judy said...

Awww - she's adorable! I colored up my Fairy Charlotte today and if I can stay awake long enough, I may get a card together this evening.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Susan this is one gorgeous card that image is so loveable and I love how you have coloured her I alsolove your layout and colour combo. I know what you mean about sitting down to make a card just for the fun or love of it. I do that sometimes just to be able to do your thing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is such a cute card, love that image! Hope you're having a great week!

Tami Bayer said...

This is completely adorable! Love her and the sweet ladybug.

Rosette said...

Hey my friend!! How are you hun? This card is fab as always.. your prismacolouring is the best I can see!! You're so good at it!! Love your card sweetie.. and especially that swirl! :))

Patti said...

Beautiful!! coloring as always : ) Yeah!! this week I will finally make my purchase on the colored pencils and Gamsol!! You are always an inspiration!

(((Hugs))) Patti

Becky said...

Beautiful stamp and beautiful card, love the bling in the flowers