Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One more giggle...

I had so many people that liked my "giggle" card below that I thought I would share one more with all of you.

I just finished hosting a "Merry Go Round" swap on the CK site. For those of you that might not know what a merry go round swap is, it is where the participants of the swap pick an image they own that they would like to see what other people do with it. After picking the image you stamp it the number of times the swap host requires, send it to the host who in return gives everyone in the swap your image to work on and make a card with it. All cards are then sent back to the host and the host then sends your original images, now made into cards, back to you. In this case I had set the swap for 6 people to work on six different images.

The above image was sent in by Heidi ( check my sidebar for a link to her blog), someone I have been swapping with for probably about 3 years. I took one look at the image and my first thought was, "Oh my, what does she expect me to do with this!" Then I remembered something I heard a chef say once on a show I had watched and I got to giggling. Then the idea came to me on what to do with Heidi's image. Heidi is not only very creative but she has an awesome personality with a sense of humor. I thought she might appreciate the idea that was brewing in my head for her image.

The sentiment is computer generated. I colored the image with Prismacolor colored pencils and then cut it out to pop dot onto the card. Scallops were cut with Spellbinder's Nestabilities. Paper and cardstock is from my "stash". So what started out being an image I dreaded, ended up being an image I really had fun with. I thought this made a cute "giggle" card. I might just have to beg Heidi to stamp me some images! LOL!

Thanks for the challenge Heidi and the giggle.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh shoot! I wish you would have sent me this image. I love the retro stuff. Oh well... Cute, cute card!
Judy

Rosette said...

So cute Susan.. love your style of these cards as well!! :0) What a better thing than a smile, especially on a rainy day.. where all is dark and gloomy! :) Hugs my sweet friend. xx

GiftsByHeidi said...

OH MY GOSH!! What a surprise! That is so cute! I love it. The saying is perfect. I never thought of cutting the image out - see why that swap was a good idea??! It's perfect, black/red/white is my fav color combo so I just love this. Thanks Susan!